Sheet Mulching

Hidey Ho! These images are from April of this year. The first one is Gretchen watering a bed of leaves that will become one of our many "sheet mulched" beds. Essentially, it's a layering of leaves, manure, compost, and soil. You let it break down for a year, then plant things in it. In our case, we're planting things in it right away, 'cause patience is a vice, right?The second pic is Gretchen in the front yard, planting potatoes. The third one is me watering those 'tatoes.
Just the facts here.

1 Comments:
I'm not an expert gardener but I fail to see the necessity in creating fertile soil by the means you employ.
And I'm not a snoopy neighbor who spends her free time with binoculars out her front window, but ocassionally one peers out and sees things, and if those things are odd, one tends to double-take and sometimes be transfixed by the spectacle of something out of the ordinary, to understate it.
I'm usually a live-and-let-live person, but there are certain activities, I believe, that are troubling only because the are gateways to other behaviors.
And this is why I came to your blog. The mulching seems to be innocent enough, but people should know that the produce you bring to the farmer's market is produced by immoral, if that is the appropriate term, means.
I have seen mutiple times your puzzling behavior that, because of your doing it in the light of day (backyard), I believe is a call for help. Puppets, of child size and look, you've placed in your bike trailer, and pulled them around in a figure 8, three times (if I'm correct). Then you take them to your tire-swing, whisper something into their ears (god knows what, all I could make out by lip-reading was the words "Lolli" and "dirty") followed by you pushing them on the swing for about 2 minutes. All this is strange enough, but then I've seen you place their velcrow hands around your neck and violently strangle them back, then hose them down and bury them in your "mulch" plots."
Please get help or I'll be forced to call Social Services.
Your concerned neighbor
P.R.
Post a Comment
<< Home