Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Lyons Parade of Lights




Saturday night we had our friends Laura, Peter, and James over for a potluck. Post-chow activities included a walk downtown to check out the Lyons Holiday Parade of Lights. I thought all of my photos were garbage, but then I took a closer look. Seen with an artist's eye, they're "Nee-toe, Mister Jamison!" The parade as a whole was mostly a disappointment for me, personally. Most people had just taped a ton of lights to their vehicle and/or trailer, maybe put a few giant inflatable Christmas figures on there (Frosty or a raindeer), and then a sign on the side: "Merry Christmas! Please shop at [insert business name]!" Peter (James' and Laura's mini-me) thought it was just so-so and gave it a "thumbs-sideways". After the parade, we returned to our cozy home to watch the fireworks (yes, fireworks) from the window and chat.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tylis Burbando said...

Wow! It really sucks that New York doesn't have something like this and Mike, I think you're being a little hard to please. I think that it is quite a challenge to go from car battery to electrical outlet for the lights (AC to DC). 100 years ago people would have fliped their lids at such a sight. Boy, Boulder sure has made you a city slicker. And to your friends who gave the "cosmopolitan" thumbs sideways, I've holding up a finger sideways as well and this finger tells them how I feel about their gesture. They probably didn't even use their hands and instead just said "I give it a thumbs sideways." Lame!

Next year you should show off your new Canadian car with lights, Laura Branagan blasting on the stereo, and a sign that says "Bite Me!"

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad the pictures you put up were bigger this time around.

I would like to have seen the parade, too. Nothing at all like that here.

Sniff.

PS..."Next year you should show off your new Canadian car with lights, Laura Branagan blasting on the stereo, and a sign that says "Bite Me!"" - I fell out of my chair laughing at the image this conjured up for me.

11:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot to add: Watching fireworks from inside your house? Very cool.

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats